- Did you know that many universities will accept either a student’s class grade OR diploma exam grade, whichever is higher? Click on this to find the complete list of universities.
- myblueprint.ca: myblueprint is an interactive career resource designed for people of all ages. If you want to find the right career, explore different career options, or plan future education and training, myblueprint is an excellent resource. There are valuable and current links to help you find all your answers. Just visit http://www.myblueprint.ca/ and create a new user using ”foothills” as an activation key. You will need your 9-digit Alberta Education Number
- Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS): ALIS is the provincial gateway for career, learning and employment information and services in Alberta. The ALIS website provides information to help Albertans with career planning, post-secondary education and training, educational funding, job search, labour market trends, and workplace issues. See: www.alis.gov.ab.ca
- Tradesecrets: http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/ Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training site for those looking for a career in the skilled trades. Industries that rely on apprenticeship training – including construction, transportation, manufacturing and services – have been growing and need new workers. These jobs are highly skilled and pay well. Governments have responded to this need for skilled people and have invested more in the apprenticeship system. This means new facilities and equipment and more classes. Tradesecrets is the site with up-to-date and complete Alberta information.
- Alberta Post-Secondary Events & Timelines: www.elaa.ab.ca
The Educational Liaison Association of Alberta (ELAA) provides information from most post-secondary institutions in Alberta, colleges (private and public), universities, university colleges and technical institutes.
- Campus Starter: www.campusstarter.com A Canadian magazine for students planning post-secondary education. Discover columns, feature articles, contests and experts who can answer questions.