Credits: Variable (5-6) per course
A Green certificate recognizes the skill competence achieved by a person who works and trains in the farming industry. Through apprenticeship style training, students gain competence in career skills in any of the following production areas.
- Cow-Calf Beef Production
- Dairy Production
- Feedlot Beef Production
- Field Crop Production
- Irrigated Field Crop Production
- Sheep Production
- Swine Production
- Bee Keeping
Students earn up to 16 credits (all at the Grade 12 level) in one area of study. The 16 credits are earned in three courses (identified as X, Y or Z in each of the production areas). Each course (X, Y or Z) has a value of 5 or 6 credits. This program is most appropriate for the student who:
- has a career interest in agriculture and agri-food
- possesses appropriate work ethic and responsibility qualities
- is at least 15 years of age
- is able to locate a cooperative training site and trainer, which may be their home farm
Green Certificate courses are NOT sequential or developmental. Students can study courses in any order, so that training coincides with seasonal tasks on the Farm/Training site.
If you would like additional information about the Green Certificate Program please contact our Special Projects Coordinator.