To Parents/Guardians of the Graduates of 2019…
Over the weekend, an email was sent to your graduate’s FSD email account, asking families to complete the following three things:
GRAD CEREMONY (Friday, May 24)
- Venue = Pason Centennial Arena, Okotoks
- Graduates need to meet on the soccer field behind the Foothills Centennial Center dressed in your cap, gown, v-stole, etc. at 4:30 PM
- This is a semi-formal business-casual event
- Class photo in caps and gowns will be taken at 4:40 PM on the soccer field behind the Foothills Centennial Center. Thank you Okotoks Fire Dept and Lifetouch!
- Graduates will then proceed to the upper area of the new arena, find the letter of their last name and get lined up
- Doors to the arena open at 4:15 pm for guests. Rush seating.
- Tickets must be presented at the door. If there are any issues with your tickets, contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
- Program begins sharply at 5:30PM. Concludes approx... 7:45PM
GOWN, CAP, TASSEL AND V-STOLES
- Graduates can pick up their gowns, etc. Tues. May 21 - Thurs. May 23 at lunchtime or afterschool (until 4:00 PM) in the gym office (gown central!)
- Gowns and v-stoles must be returned in the same condition they were given to you in. Gown not returned - $100.00 charge. V-stole not returned - $25.00 charge. They are barcoded to your name.
- All gowns must be signed out and signed back in
- Graduates must return their gown and v-stole by approx. 8:30 PM after the ceremony concludes upstairs in the Pason Centennial Arena where they lined up
- Graduates keep the hat, tassel and chords
GRAD PROM DINNER AND DANCE (Saturday, May 25)
- Grad 2019 Prom Dinner and Dance will be held at the BMO Center (Hall C), Stampede Grounds, Calgary, AB
- BMO security staff will be checking all bags, purses, etc. Students under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed entry.
- This is a semi-formal to formal event
- FUN PHOTO BOOTH – will be on-site at the BMO (Hall C). Fun props for you and your guests to enjoy! $10.00 per picture. Pictures printed on-site!
- All persons attending must present a ticket at the door – including the graduate
- Parking is $15/vehicle. No re-entry allowed. Closest parking is on the Cowboy’s Casino side of the building. Probably lots 10, 11 and likely 13. (map on-line)
- Times To Remember
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM … Grads and guests arrive. Find your table. Use the photo booth :)
- 6:05 PM … GRADS ONLY gather in the front reception area (no particular order)
- 6:15 PM … parade of graduates begins, followed by the tributes and buffet dinner
- Approx. 8:30 PM ... Fun Falcon Awards followed by the first dance with a parent or person of your choice. Second dance for grads
- Read the following documents for information on cost, refunds, deadlines, and parking
- 2018 Stampede Parking
- Purchase Tickets Online ($96/each) after April 2 (10:00 AM). The deadline to purchase tickets is April 29 (midnight). From this website, you will purchase your tickets, select your seats, indicate special dietary requests and pay for your purchase. If you have a credit, your credit will appear on the payment page. If there is an error with the amount of credit or it is absent – email Bonnie Ascah ASAP – BEFORE you complete your purchase. We cannot refund any fundraised monies.
- If you cannot pay on line, please email Bonnie Ascah email@example.com to make alternate payment arrangements
- If you need financial assistance – please email firstname.lastname@example.org