Other Financial Resources
There are many options available to you in financing your education. In addition to searching for scholarships and bursaries, you may be eligible for a student loan, bank loan or line of credit.
Remember – always read the eligibility criteria for any scholarship, bursary, or award! You may find you are a great candidate for an award you wouldn’t have otherwise applied to.
- Canada Student Loans – contact info for National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
- CanLearn.ca – online calculators, search tools (schools, programs, careers) & forms
- Provincial Student Loans – contact info for Student Funding offices
- Alternate Aid Options – good info & FAQs here
- ALIS: Education Loans & Grants – Resources on budgeting, loans, grants, bursaries, and online application for financial assistance
- EDULINX Canada – If you’ve received a Canada or Integrated Student Loan then this National Student Loans Service Centre provides a way for you to get information and details about your student loans.
- Check the status of your student loan
- Check the balance of your loan(s)
- Review details of new loans you’ve recently received
- Update your mailing/permanent addresses and other contact information
- Access your T4A tax slip in your Mailbox
- Submit a request to confirm your enrollment
- Review your loan payment and transaction history
- Receive helpful information about your loan in your Personal Message Centre
- Customize Your Repayment tool (increase/decrease your payment)
- Get Repayment Assistance (requires qualification)