Counsellors assist students with a wide variety of educational life/career and personal concerns. Counselors are available by drop-in or appointment (recommended). Students can benefit from the following services:
We provide assistance in choosing the courses and programs best suited to a student’s abilities and occupational interests. Assistance and strategies are offered on over-coming difficulties in learning, studying and taking exams.
Life / Career Counselling
We help and encourage students to explore values, beliefs, interests, abilities, and strengths through counselling, computer-assisted research, and resource information.
We assist students who are experiencing personal difficulties which interfere with learning progress. All discussions between students and counselors will be kept confidential, whenever possible.
Jason Neufeld works with Alberta Health Services as an Addictions Counsellor. He is available to meet with students struggling with drugs and alcohol every Wednesday at the Comp. Appointments are made by a referral from from the school counselling staff or by calling the Alberta Health Services – Addiction and Mental Health Services intake line at 877.652.4700.
- Post-secondary schools
- Apprenticeship programs
- Financial assistance, student loans
- Occupational opportunities
- Scholarships, bursaries, awards
- Alberta Distance Learning Center (correspondence)
- Social services
- Facilitating student transfers to other secondary schools
- Personal counselling referrals to public or private agencies
- Liaison with Social Services, educational and government agencies and the business community